The deadline to submit your presentation is August 7. You will need to upload your presentation to your own Youtube or Vimeo account. Instructions about submitting your video link to the RJ World website will be sent to you in mid-July.
Get your early bird ticket. Tickets go on sale on July 1. Stay tuned for details or contact your co-sponsoring organisation. See Bookings.
Tell your friends! We are still building awareness about RJ World and you can help. Get your crew involved and ‘bring them along’ to watch your presentation
If you are new to online presentations you don’t need to be a Spielberg – watch this simple tutorial on recording a presentation on your smartphone. Alternatively you can record a Zoom session.
How do I get my video onto Youtube? If you have a Gmail or Google account. Simply go to the Youtube site and click on the upload icon on the top right of the menu bar. Here is a super simple video showing the process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2gSYtsKa10
How do I get my video from my phone onto Vimeo? Here is a super simple video showing the process for uploading to Vimeo via your phone
Who organizes the Q&A for my presentation? Presenters are responsible to schedule Q&A sessions. These interactions can occur via the comments section on your page or you can schedule and invite people to a Zoom/Skype etc. There will be a place on your page to display the time/date of your Q&A. RJ World will note this time and place it on a schedule on the event site.
How will we schedule everyone’s Q&A? I’m advising everyone to choose their preferred time slot and work from there. As all the presenters choose their preferred times, we’ll put them up on a timetable. You’ll see if there are any clashes and maybe reschedule if you’ve chosen a busy day. You’ll see where the quiet days are and perhaps move to one of those days.
Where do I display my Q&A Zoom link? You can paste the Zoom link anywhere after the Topic text on your page or in the Discussion area at the bottom of your page.
When can I upload material to my page? We will send you a notice around July 20 with information about how to add your presentation video, PDF and general information to your dedicated presenter page. We also offer assistance in this process if required.
I’m having trouble logging in. Can you help? Sure! Start by watching this video about how to activate your account using your email address (the one you used in your Presenter Application) and this link.
See how in this video…
Stay informed. Follow and share the Facebook event in your networks https://www.facebook.com/events/267935447897524/
How long should my presentation be? Presenters will share a 30-45 minute video or team-up with colleagues to record a zoom discussion of their topic.
How will people see my presentation? Each speaker will have their own space. It will feature an introduction and an embedded Youtube or Vimeo video. Visitors will be able to access the speaker’s slides via PDF, along with bio and social contacts. Listeners can send questions and interact through each speaker’s page. Each speaker can schedule Zoom or text chat gatherings.
I’m new to this format. Can you give some quick tips about how to record a talk for RJ World?
- Address your audience, and introduce yourself in the beginning of the video and tell what your talk is about. You are also welcome to explain why you chose this topic or why you find it important or unique. You may also chose to invite a moderator to ask questions and/or engage into a conversation on your topic.
- Do not read a pre-written text. However, you may prepare bullet points for yourself and watch them on the same screen as you are recording.
- You can use a video-conferencing application (Zoom, Jitsi Meet, etc.) to make recording, it allows you to see yourself and adjust any issues with the image. It might be strange at the beginning but you will get used to it. It also allows you to share presentation slides or images. Feel free to let Power Point behind and use a more engaging presentation application. With Prezi Video you and your presentation can be on the screen at the same time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvFffMKuqCs
- If you use a phone or camera, make sure the recorded image is in a horizontal position (landscape format) and the audio recording is good.
- Do not sit or stand between the source of light and the camera, otherwise your face will be in shadow. (For example do not sit in front of a window.)
- Make the recording in a silent environment. Even if the background noise seems distant for you in the live situation, on the recording it can be disturbing.